Vintage Style Mannequins

Tuesday 12 October 2010

New Mannequin Added to the Retro Collection

Is it possible to become addicted to buying fabric?? I keep seeing gorgeous fabrics and think "Oooh, that would look great on a mannequin!" and then just have to buy some. I have an ever growing stock of fabrics and am slowly working through them to add new mannequins to the site.

I discovered Alexander Henry fabrics a few months ago now and just love his bold designs! This one is called 'Inked' and I think the scale of the design is just right on the mannequin - I'm really pleased with how she worked out.

I have some more of his fabrics in the collection and am now working on making them up into mannequins. It is so difficult to get a sense of scale when it is just a picture of the fabric, so I must get the mannequins in this collection completed. You can see more pictures of 'Inked' by following the link below:

http://www.vintagestylemannequins.co.uk/item_270/MTO-Inked.htm

If anyone knows of any more retro styled fabrics that they think would look great on a mannequin, then I would love to hear your suggestions!

Don't forget, that if you 'like' my facebook page you will be entered into a free giveaway draw. Full details to be announced tomorrow.
Click HERE to go to the page

Have a lovely rest of the week! Julie x

1 comment:

helenjulia.com said...

Very cool! I love your mannequins! I cannot wait to purchase one. I live in the US.